photo aboutus_zps72b4528a.jpg  photo fashion_zpsd5a79a41.jpg  photo handmade_zps6c44253c.jpg  photo recipes_zps2829987f.jpg  photo popculture_zpsc1606063.jpg  photo odds_zpsc2c2e360.jpg  photo links_zpsa73b8e77.jpg

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Recipe... Avocado Muffins.


Some friends and I had a mini dinner party the other night and I was left with a nice handful of ripe avocados! They just so happen to be one of my favorite foods, so I was not at all mad about it. I had never baked with them before but i figured it would be a good way to use them up before they went bad. So I made these sweet little muffins.

Ingredients:
2 cups of flour
1cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup of butter or shortening
1 tablespoon of lime juice
1 1/2 cup of mashed avocado
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 15-20 min.

Mix together all dry ingredients first and then beat sugar & eggs until fluffy. Add in avocado, lime, butter, & vanilla. Add wet mixture to the dry and mix together. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin wrappers and bake!





They were quite delicious.

-sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment