photo aboutus_zps72b4528a.jpg  photo fashion_zpsd5a79a41.jpg  photo handmade_zps6c44253c.jpg  photo recipes_zps2829987f.jpg  photo popculture_zpsc1606063.jpg  photo odds_zpsc2c2e360.jpg  photo links_zpsa73b8e77.jpg

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Chocolate Covered Goodness...



Today's recipe was inspired by Skull. The other day our roommate gave me a little tutorial on how to dip things in chocolate so I decided to use one of his favorite snacks for my first attempt.
I took the easy way out this time and just used the microwave to melt the chocolate, but was later informed by Skull that he recommends using a hotplate instead.
But, I think they turned out pretty well!

Ingredients:
2/3 cups of chocolate chips
2 teaspoons of shortening
10-12 pretzel rods
baking cocoa for sprinkling (optional)

In the microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip pretzels in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand for 10-15 minutes.







Perhaps next time I will attempt to add "drizzles"...

-sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment