photo aboutus_zps72b4528a.jpg  photo fashion_zpsd5a79a41.jpg  photo handmade_zps6c44253c.jpg  photo recipes_zps2829987f.jpg  photo popculture_zpsc1606063.jpg  photo odds_zpsc2c2e360.jpg  photo links_zpsa73b8e77.jpg

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Rescued Gardens..

I am the type of girl who goes to the "dying" plant section of hardware stores to try and find sweet deals on plants that simply need a little tlc, so I was pretty excited a couple weeks ago when Jake and I were down in the strip district and we found a dumpster of full of little starter Impatiens. I plucked out the nicest bunch to take home. A few days after that I was given a little cutting from a spider plant & so the other day I took the time to try and give these little plants a second start...










My mother always had a house & porch full of plants when I was younger and that was probably was of my favorite things about our home.
Plants add that little bit of something special.

Hope you have a wonderful 4th!

-sarah

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Im the same. I got a flat of petunias in the clearance section at Lowes. They are growing brilliantly now...just needed some water and to be trimmed up a bit. Your little planters are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete