photo aboutus_zps72b4528a.jpg  photo fashion_zpsd5a79a41.jpg  photo handmade_zps6c44253c.jpg  photo recipes_zps2829987f.jpg  photo popculture_zpsc1606063.jpg  photo odds_zpsc2c2e360.jpg  photo links_zpsa73b8e77.jpg

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Decoupage City

In the few months our blog has been up and running, it has proven to be more of a success than a failure/waste of time, so we are getting serious about sponsorships and other important things that involve us doing more than just writing. Treasurer being one of them. Jokingly, I told Melisa that I would be treasurer like Claudia from The Baby-Sitters Club.(Side note: it's been a while since I have experienced the BSC, and Stacey is the treasurer, which works out because on the quiz we took I was Stacey.) Cut to our monthly blog meeting, and this becoming a reality. One of my tasks was to make a treasury box. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Decoupage-ing is one of my favorite crafts to do. Follow me on my ridiculous task.

What you need:
Newspaper to lay down on your work surface
Mod Podge
Foam brush
Ribbon
A box (I bought one made out of heavy cardboard)
Scrapbook paper
Glitter
All of these supplies can be found cheap at Michael's. Don't be shy to ask about coupons at the desk. Worked for me!


1. Tear the scrapbook paper pages into pieces. The more jagged the better!

2. Spread a thin layer of Mod Podge on a small portion of your surface.

3. Place a few pieces of paper, overlapping is preferred, on the glue. Paint another thin layer on top of the pieces. Make sure you spread it out evenly, using your fingers to press some pieces down if necessary.
Be sure not to overdo it with the glue or the box will get soggier than a potato chip at the bottom of the ocean.

4. Cover the entire exterior of your box. Let dry completely. This may take a few hours.
You may need to let some sides dry slightly before you can finish another. Just move on to the other piece you have to finish.

Use ribbon and glitter to adorn your new little box.

Let the nostalgia ensue.

Now I have a pretty box to make my duty cuter. I know that I got The Baby-Sitters Club theme song stuck in my own head, so I will say "you're welcome" now to those who have also been plagued by the catchy, bubble gum tune.

-andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment