Summertime is the perfect time for a plate of freshly baked sugar cookies and a bowl of strawberries. This simple and quick recipe will have you relaxing on your porch bench in no time. Heat up your oven, prep some herbal tea, and get baking :)
- 2 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 c butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter (or if you're as impatient as I am...microwave the butter) and sugar until smooth. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients (or again...if too impatient, dump it all in and power through). Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. For increased cuteness, press a fork vertically and horizontally across the top of each ball and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks for cooling.
Check out Rachel's website!