photo aboutus_zps72b4528a.jpg  photo fashion_zpsd5a79a41.jpg  photo handmade_zps6c44253c.jpg  photo recipes_zps2829987f.jpg  photo popculture_zpsc1606063.jpg  photo odds_zpsc2c2e360.jpg  photo links_zpsa73b8e77.jpg

Friday, January 25, 2013

DIY Idea Jar.


My sisters, Shiloh & Hannah, came to see me a couple weeks ago and we had a little craft night where we put together some "idea jars". Our dear friend, Rachel, also joined in on the excitement. While Shiloh & Hannah went with the standard idea or bored jar, Rachel and I made our's into "date jars". I always seem to have a plethora of mason jars laying around as well as plenty of fabric scraps & other little crafty items, so we were pretty much set.

Supplies needed:
Mason jar.
Glue.
Ribbons, bows, buttons, or anything else you want to use for decorating.
Papper scraps to jot down your ideas.












I don't know about any of you but I'm definitely guilty of wasting time, simply because I can't think of something to do. I think this is a great little motivator. So whenever I have an idea for a date or something else I really want to try, I just write it down and drop it in the jar. And, anytime I need a little push to do something I can just pick from those ideas. Plus, it looks pretty cute on my living room desk. 
Hope you find this helpful!

-sarah

4 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea!

    Have a great weekend,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  2. those turned out beautifully!
    happy Valentine's Day!
    floral&fudge

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea!
    Jillian - PS, if you have a moment, I'd love to invite you to check out the giveaway we're hosting for a $50.00 giftcard to Shabby Apple!
    http://epic-thread.blogspot.com/2013/03/shabby-apple-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea. I love it.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete