photo aboutus_zps72b4528a.jpg  photo fashion_zpsd5a79a41.jpg  photo handmade_zps6c44253c.jpg  photo recipes_zps2829987f.jpg  photo popculture_zpsc1606063.jpg  photo odds_zpsc2c2e360.jpg  photo links_zpsa73b8e77.jpg

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Easy DIY Fabric Fall Leaves

Ok, it's been months since I have posted, don't worry, I will tell you why soon.

Until then...

I was feeling a little crafty yesterday, so I decided to make some fabric leaves.
This project is super easy and really doesn't require a tutorial,
but I took lots of photos anyway.

So here is how I made some cute fabric fall leaves...

Here is what you need:

-Fabric
-Scissors
-Leaf Stencil (I just googled them)
-Tacky Glue or Fabric Stiffener Glue
-Paint brush (oops, forgot to picture)
-Wax Paper (oops again for no picture)

Step 1:
Cut out your leaves.
Here is a photo of the stencils I made...


Step 2:
Mix some glue and a little water.


Step 3:
Paint a thin layer of the mixture on your leaves and let dry.
(Of course this is where the wax paper comes in)
*This is to make the leaves a little stiffer so they aren't flimsy and curled up.

Flip them over and paint glue on the other side.
*The tacky glue mixture does not make the fabric as stiff as actual fabric stiffening glue.
I just didn't have it on hand, so I improvised.

Once they are dry, they are ready to be displayed!


I laid mine out on a table, but I thought it would also be cute to make
a garland, or frame some, or even glue ones on mason jars with votives...

Enjoy our last little bit of fall while it lasts!
Pittsburgh is COLD already!

-melisa



2 comments:

  1. Cute!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for tomorrow that links to your tutorial:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-no-sew-scrap-fabric-leaves/2014/10/08/
    --Anne

    ReplyDelete