Preheat oven to 350*F
Cake: Box yellow cake mix (ingredients on the back)
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Crumble: 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
2. tbsp. melted butter
Cream Cheese Frosting: 4 oz. unsalted butter (softened)
4 oz. cream cheese (softened)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pour cake mix into a bowl. Add the 3 eggs, 1 cup of water, and 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. Mix together until smooth.
Then, in a different bowl, add 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 cup flour (leveled), 2 tbsp. melted butter (about 10 seconds in the microwave will do the trick!). Stir them together until the butter has moistened the mixture.
3. Scoop cake batter into lined cupcake pan 2/3 of the way up.
4. Sprinkle a spoonful of the crumble mixture over the batter.
5. Using a straw, or toothpick, swirl the crumble throughout the batter.
6. Place in the heated oven for 15-20 minutes. (I suggest about 17 minutes)
In the meantime make the frosting!
Cream together the 4 oz. of unsalted butter and 4 oz. of cream cheese in a bowl. Then, a cup at a time, add 2 cups of powdered sugar. Lastly, add in 1 tsp. of vanilla. Be sure you use unsalted butter or you won't be too thrilled with the result!
8. Put a tablespoon full of the frosting on top of the cooled cupcake.
9. Spread evenly over the top.
10. Sprinkle with some more crumble. There will be plenty left, and you won't be sorry!
Another thanks to Mindi for the photos, kitchen, and friendship <3