photo aboutus_zps72b4528a.jpg  photo fashion_zpsd5a79a41.jpg  photo handmade_zps6c44253c.jpg  photo recipes_zps2829987f.jpg  photo popculture_zpsc1606063.jpg  photo odds_zpsc2c2e360.jpg  photo links_zpsa73b8e77.jpg

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Birthday Lunches, Shopping, and Cupcakes!

Today Melisa and Sarah took me out to lunch for my birthday! How sweet? I know. We went to Nakama in the South Side where Sarah and I got sushi, and Melisa got her usual filet hibachi lunch with the mushroom appetizer, not shrimp, so don't even ask her!








When I picked Sarah up she gave me my gift of ADORABLE hankerchiefs and 2 precious little mugs. At Nakama, Melisa gave me my very own starter kit for a Robert Pattinson movie collection. I am a very lucky girl to have ladies like these two (we missed you Danielle!) in my life.

Following lunch, Sarah and I went to Urban Outfitters and shopped shopped shopped. Fifty percent off of sale items! Um, yes please! I snagged a sweater and Sarah bought the cutest rust colored sweater, a rug, and awesome vintage cowboy boots.


We concluded our lovely day of fun with whiskey cupcakes. Once we finished our own tasty whiskey drinks we got the ball rollin'.




Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. strong brewed coffee
1/2 c. whiskey (we used Jim Beam Black Label courtesy of Jake)
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 c. cocoa powder
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper (we know...)
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
3 eggs
1 egg white
2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat the oven to 325*F. Then, in a sauce pan combine the coffee, whiskey, and butter over low heat.
Add in the brown and granulated sugar until they have both dissolved. Let cool. Once that mixture is cool, whisk in the 3 eggs and 1 egg white.

Add all of your dry ingredients to the cooled coffee/whiskey mixture. Fill your lined cupcake pan up 2/3 of the way and bake for 20-25 minutes.












We felt that they needed chocolate frosting so we made some of that too! Talented ladies we are.

Chocolate Frosting:
In a bowl mix together 1/4 c. melted butter, 1/2 c. cocoa powder, 1/2 c. milk, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 3 1/2 c. powdered sugar.
Put them all together and what do ya got? Yummy whiskey cupcakes that will not affect your driving afterwards.


And by the way, did we mention we found a cat friend??

-sarah & andrea

2 comments:

  1. cant wait to make those cupcakes!! thanks ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime! They are delicious! Not too sweet, and anything with whiskey is good.

    -andrea

    ReplyDelete