photo aboutus_zps72b4528a.jpg  photo fashion_zpsd5a79a41.jpg  photo handmade_zps6c44253c.jpg  photo recipes_zps2829987f.jpg  photo popculture_zpsc1606063.jpg  photo odds_zpsc2c2e360.jpg  photo links_zpsa73b8e77.jpg

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's A Beautiful Day... To Wear A Cardigan.

I love fashion. I really do. I love reading about it, I love checking out the latest trends, I love critiquing it.However, I would not consider myself a very fashionable person. I stick to the basics. I rarely take risks with my style and if I do, I feel like I am not myself. I pretty much wear the same thing everyday. If you know me, you know I will most likely be wearing jeans, an old tee shirt, my moccasin ankle boots, and of course a cardigan sweater. I have 17 cardigans. That is just silly.

The one thing I actually put thought into is how to accessorize my sweater.
Here are some ideas for you cardigan fans...

I am obsessed with brooches, pins, buttons, patches, so I am often wearing many at a time (it way too hard to choose just one).

Sometimes I go with vintage brooches, the gaudier the better.

Sometimes I like to add vintage pins with lots of color.

Sometimes I like to wear some of my "matching" vintage brooches (like cameos).

Another idea is to make old keys into pins (watch faces are another idea), by simply hot gluing a pinback on.

Old patches (like old boyscout, girlscout, or military patches) are another way to accessorize.

I have always been a fan of little one inch buttons (since my punk rock days I suppose). Since I am obsessed with celebs, I had a bunch of pins made of my favorite celebs. Lately, I wear a few of my celeb crushes close to my heart. I mean, who wouldn't want to look down and see Robert Pattinson, Jason Schwartzman, Tom Hardy, and Jonathan Knight at any point throughout the day?

So yea, as long as I can remember I have been a fan of the simple cardigan. Back in high school I safety pinned patches and added studs all over them, and now I continue to accessorize them. I will always wear them. Forever probably. Maybe it is a tribute to a hero of mine...

-melisa

No comments:

Post a Comment